The 2017 Honda Civic Sedan Trim Levels
The LX sets off the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan lineup on the right foot with one of the most well-equipped cabins of any entry-level sedan on the road. Under the hood is the standard 2.0L engine paired with a 6-speed manual transmission or an available CVT. With the manual transmission, the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan LX gets an EPA-estimated 28 city / 40 highway / 32 combined mpg.* With features that include automatic climate control, Bluetooth technology, a 5-inch color LCD touchscreen, and more, the LX is a great choice for drivers who want a well-rounded package of equipment and impressive fuel economy at a great price.
- Illuminated Steering Wheel–Mounted Controls – Control the audio and cruise control from the steering wheel without taking your hands of the wheel or your eyes off the road.
- Speed-Sensitive Volume Control – The audio volume will automatically lower when the Civic Sedan slows down in moments when the driver’s concentration needs to be sharper, such as in a merging situation or moving through a parking garage.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera – With three different views to choose from—normal, wide, and top-down—drivers can check the surroundings of the Civic Sedan and back in and out of tight spaces much more safely and easily.
The 2017 Honda Civic EX with Honda Sensing was awarded “Best Auto Tech
” by Kelley Blue Book,* thanks to the EX’s impressive array of advanced safety and entertainment features that don’t carry a premium price tag. The EX trim level builds from where the LX leaves off and adds even more comfort and technology features inside. It also makes the CVT the standard and achieves an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 31 city / 40 highway / 34 combined mpg.* The EX features include heated side mirrors, an upgraded 7-inch color LCD touchscreen, and much more, which makes it a great choice for drivers who want a little more than the base offerings but don’t need all the bells and whistles of the upper trim levels.
- Sunroof – Let the air blow through your hair and the sunlight brighten up your day with a sunroof that opens the Civic Sedan to the wide sky above.
- Honda LaneWatch – A small camera mounted on the passenger’s side mirror displays a live video feed of the Civic Sedan’s blind-spot activity, allowing drivers to see up to four times more than using the mirror alone.
- Keyless Entry and Remote Start – Drivers can gain access to the Civic Sedan and start the engine, all without having to dig through their pockets or purse to find the keys.
The EX-T continues to build upon the previous trim levels and also adds a turbocharged 1.5L engine that produces up to 174 hp. It comes with a choice of either the 6-speed manual transmission or the CVT. With the manual, the EX-T gets an EPA-estimated 31 city / 42 highway / 35 combined mpg.* Opting for the CVT will bring the fuel economy to an EPA-estimated 32 city / 42 highway / 36 combined mpg.* For drivers who want a little more oomph behind the wheel and more comfort features, the EX-T model is definitely the one to consider.
- Dynamic Guidelines – This trim adds dynamic guidelines onto the multi-angle rearview camera, which can assist the driver to back in and out of tight spaces more accurately and more safely.
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System – Everyone inside the EX-T model, no matter whether they’ve claimed a front or back seat, will feel comfortable in a climate that is geared toward their preferences.
- Heated Front Seats – In colder temperatures, heated front seats in the EX-T can add that special touch to make the ride all the more comfortable.
The EX-L ups the ante by adding more luxury, comfort, and technology inside. It comes with the same upgraded 1.5L engine seen in the EX-T and is paired with a CVT as standard. The EX-L is a great option for drivers who want a touch of luxury inside their Civic Sedan.
- Leather Interior – Luxurious leather upholstery is the standard inside the EX-L trim, along with a leather-wrapped steering wheel and a leather-wrapped shift knob, making the EX-L lavish at every touch.
- Rear Outboard Heated Seats – Passengers in the rear seats will also benefit from heated seats in the EX-L, making everyone inside warm and toasty no matter what the temperature is outside.
- Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror – Drivers won’t have to manually adjust the mirror when there are bright lights behind the EX-L that could distract the driver or disturb their view of the road ahead.
At the top of the line is the Touring trim, which is teeming with equipment and features. The Honda Sensing suite of technology features that is optional on the previous trim levels comes standard on the Touring.
- LED Headlights – Penetrate even the darkest nights with LED headlights that masterfully illuminate the road ahead.
- Automatic Wipers – Drivers won’t have to worry about manually turning the wipers on and off; the Touring has you covered with automatic wipers that sense when it begins to rain.
- Honda Sensing – This suite of technology works to assist drivers to drive better and safer on the road. The smart features include Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Warning, and more.
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.