How Does 2019 Honda CR-V Cargo Space Compare to Rival Models?
Honda CR-V Cargo Dimensions
Both roomy and accessible, the Honda CR-V outclasses the competition by providing:
- Up to 39.2 cubic feet of cargo space behind the 2nd row.
- Up to 75.8 cubic feet of cargo space behind the 1st row.
If those numbers look good in isolation, they’re going to look even better when compared against rival compact SUV models:
- Toyota RAV4: Up to 37.6 cubic feet behind the 2nd row and 69.8 behind the 1st row.
- Mazda CX-5: Up to 30.9 cubic feet behind the 2nd row and 59.6 behind the 1st row.
- Hyundai Santa Fe: Up to 35.9 cubic feet behind the 2nd row and 71.3 behind the 1st row.
- Ford Escape: Up to 34 cubic feet behind the 2nd row and 68 behind the 1st row.
- Nissan Rogue: Up to 39.3 cubic feet behind the 2nd row and 70 behind the 1st row.
Honda CR-V Cargo Features
Drivers are immediately impressed by the cargo space on offer from the Honda CR-V. When they take a closer look, a wealth of further cargo-carrying features stand out, including:
- Easy Fold-Down 60/40 Split Rear Seat: Pull down all or part of the rear row to extend cargo space into the passenger compartment.
- Low Load Floor: Makes it easy to load and unload heavy and bulky items.
- Hidden StorageCompartment: Pull back the carpeted floor panel to find a handy space for your valuables.
- Cargo Area Tie-Down Anchors: When you load heavy items, secure them down to prevent movement as you drive.
- Retractable Cargo Area Cover: When there’s something in your cargo area you’d rather keep private, simply pull down the cover.
- Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate: As long as the key fob is about your person, all it takes is a kick of your foot under the rear bumper to have the tailgate open automatically.
You’ll also find several smaller storage solutions across the cabin.
- Multi-Functional Center Console Storage with Sliding Armrest
- Conversation Mirror with Sunglasses Holder
- Front and Rear Beverage Holders
- Lockable Glove Compartment
- Driver-Side Garment Hook
- Door-Pocket Storage Bins
The Honda CR-V’s standard and available cargo features can be supplemented by one of the following interior cargo accessories to help protect the storage area, secure items, and keep things organized.
- Cargo Liner: Protects the cargo area – including the floor, sides, and backs of the 2nd-row seats – from wear and tear.
- Cargo Net: Keeps loose items securely in place and your grocery bags upright.
- Cargo Organizer: Prevents spillable items taking a tumble and divides your cargo into separate partitions.
- Cargo Tray: High-quality molded plastic protects the cargo area and easily cleans with soapy water.
You’ll also be able to choose from several exterior accessories to carry more cargo and hold a diverse range of outdoor equipment.
- Cross Bars
- 13 Cubic Foot Roof Box
- Ski/Snowboard Attachment
- Kayak Attachment
- Bike Attachment
- Surfboard Attachment/Stand-Up Paddleboard Holder
There’s even an available tent that extends to sleep 6 people in a 10 ft by 10 ft structure, and provide added cover via a 6 ft by 6 ft rainfly.