Honda Pilot Safety Rating: Top Safety Pick+
You don’t have to settle for a lackluster vehicle just because you desire a safer ride! The 2019 Honda Pilot’s connectivity, convenience, and entertainment features distinguish this model as one of the best family SUVs on the road, and because it was just named as a Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, you know it’s just as dependable as it is enjoyable. The Honda Pilot safety rating is a result of numerous factors working in combination, but Montana’s drivers should be especially excited to learn that this all-wheel drive Honda is now offering Honda Sensing technologies—standard—on each and every trim level! Find out what else the Pilot has to offer by reading on.
What Makes a Top Safety Pick+?
When the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety receives a new vehicle, they put it through a comprehensive round of crash tests designed to qualify the amount of protection it offers. If a vehicle performs well—meeting or exceeding each of the qualifications listed below—it will be named as a Top Safety Pick+! This coveted designation is only given out to a handful of vehicles this year, but it should come as no surprise that Honda’s models frequently land in the winner’s circle.
- A ‘Good’ rating in Driver-Side Small Overlap Front collisions and Moderate Overlap Front collisions.
- A ‘Good’ rating in Side, Roof Strength, and Head Restraint tests.
- An ‘Acceptable’ or better rating in Passenger-Side Small Overlap collisions
- Available ‘Advanced’ or ‘Superior’ Front Crash Protection Systems
- Available Headlights with a ‘Good’ Rating
Honda Pilot Safety Features
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has identified the 2019 Honda Pilot as one of the safest SUVs around, but unless you’ve done your research, this award won’t tell you very much about the features you’ll encounter in this one-of-a-kind SUV. The Pilot’s suite of advanced components comprise Passive, Active, and Driver-Assistive technologies, and we’ve highlighted a few of the most exciting in the space below:
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure
- Automatic High-Beam Headlights
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (Honda Sensing feature)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (Honda Sensing feature)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (Honda Sensing feature)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (Honda Sensing feature)
- Blind Spot Monitoring System with Cross-Traffic Monitor (Standard in EX and up)
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management (I-VTM4) All-Wheel Drive (Available in LX and up, Standard in Elite)
Get Behind the Wheel Today!
Montana’s drivers can get a hands-on feel for one of the safest SUVs around when they get in touch with their local Honda dealer! The Honda Pilot’s safety rating speaks for itself, and when you act quickly, you’ll be able to take advantage of our exciting current offers. Don’t miss your chance to take the Pilot for a test drive and start up a conversation today!