2019 Subaru Forester vs. Honda CR-V
Noting the Honda CR-V and Subaru Forester are “solid examples of their kind”, the Car & Driver team pitted them against each other in a Subaru Forester vs. Honda CR-V match-up. They ended up siding with the Honda, so we thought we’d put together our own 2019 Subaru Forester Touring vs. Honda CR-V Touring AWD CVT comparison across the following important factors:
- Price and Residual Value
- Power and Efficiency
- Cargo Capacity
Price and Residual Value
- Subaru Forester Price: The Forester Touring starts at $34,295 MSRP.
- Honda CR-V Price: The CR-V Touring AWD CVT is priced at $34,250 MSRP*.
- Subaru Forester Residual Value: Predicted 40% ALG residual value after 60 months.
- Honda CR-V Residual Value: Predicted 45% ALG residual value after 60 months.
The Honda CR-V demands less of your money but still holds its value better. Whether you’re buying today or selling in a few years’ time, the Honda CR-V makes stronger financial sense than the Subaru Forester.
Power and Efficiency
- Subaru Forester MPG: Make up to an EPA-estimated 26 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway.
- Honda CR-V MPG: Make up to an EPA-estimated 27 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway**.
- Subaru Forester HP: Make up to 182 hp and 176 lb-ft of torque.
- Honda CR-V HP: Make up to 190 hp and 179 lb-ft of torque.
Even while offering commanding cruising power and quick-off-the-line acceleration, the Honda CR-V Touring still manages to outpace Subaru Forester Touring efficiency scores.
- Subaru Forester Cargo Capacity: Up to 33 cubic feet of cargo space behind the 2nd row and 70.9 cubic feet behind the 1st row.
- Honda CR-V Cargo Capacity: Up to 37.3 cubic feet of cargo space behind the 2nd row and 75.8 cubic feet behind the 1st row.
A crossover SUV should take all you need with space to spare, so the Subaru Forester’s relatively cramped interior dimensions typically prove unappealing.
2019 Subaru Forester Fails to Keep Pace with 2019 Honda CR-V
To check out Honda CR-V trim levels, explore the Honda CR-V interior, or view the latest range of Honda AWD models, simply visit your nearest Montana Honda dealer. To find out more or hear about our latest special offers, feel free to contact us today.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $1,045.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.