Back-to-School Cars for Montana Students
It’s that time of year again, and whether you’re sending the kids off to college or high school, it’s time to be thinking of back-to-school cars for your Montana student. High school and college kids need a car that’s dependable and offers both high fuel economy and enough room for their friends—if it has the latest tech to sync up with their smartphones, all the better.
Kelley Blue Book just released their list of the 10 Best Back-to-School Cars of 2016,* and we’re proud to say three Honda models earned spots on the list!
2016 Honda HR-V
The newest model in the lineup, the 2016 Honda HR-V is a crossover that will have more than enough space to pack your kid’s things up for their first semester at Montana State in Bozeman or ship them to University of Montana in Missoula. With advantages like these, it’s easy to see why so many young drivers prefer the HR-V:
- Price: Priced at $19,215 (MSRP),** the base HR-V LX 6MT is one of the most affordable SUV options in its class.
- All-Wheel Drive: Give your college student the confidence to make that trip home for the holidays with available all-wheel drive.
- Fuel Economy: 2016 HR-V FWD models with CVT earn an EPA-estimated 35 mpg on the highway.***
- Interior Space: With up to 100.1 cubic feet of passenger space and as much as 58.8 cubic feet of cargo room (with rear seats folded down), the HR-V has room for moving your student’s gear or their friends.
2016 Honda Civic
Available in both coupe and sedan builds, the 2016 Honda Civic is one of the most versatile small cars, with Civic Sedan LX 6MT models priced at just $18,640 (MSRP).**** The Civic’s been around for generations, and these advantages keep it competitive in the modern auto market:
- Fuel Economy: The 2016 Civic Sedan has two engines, with the Civic LX CVT earning an EPA-estimated 41 highway mpg from its 2.0L 4-cylinder and the Civic Sedan EX-T earning an EPA-estimated 42 highway mpg from its 1.5L turbocharged engine.***
- Connectivity: Standard Bluetooth and available features like Android Auto and Apple CarPlay keep you connected in the Civic.
- Interior Space: The five-passenger Civic Sedan has up to 97.8 cubic feet of passenger space for those impromptu late-night grocery runs and spring break road trips.
- Safety: The Civic is available with the Honda Sensing suite of safety features, which includes Collision Mitigation Braking and Lane Keeping Assist systems.
2017 Honda Fit
Since the Kelley Blue Book list hit, the 2017 Honda Fit has arrived at Montana Honda Dealers, priced at $15,990 MSRP for LX 6MT models.**** We think your student will love their Fit inside and out, especially with specs like these:
- Fuel Economy: 2017 Honda Fit LX CVT models earn an EPA-estimated 40 mpg on the highway and 33 mpg in the city.*****
- Features: Bluetooth HandsFreeLink is standard for hands-free phone calls and streaming audio. Back up with confidence with the standard multi-angle rearview camera. Always take the right route home with the available navigation system.
- Spacious Interior: With seating for up to five and 95.7 cubic feet of passenger space, there’s room for people and cargo. Just fold the Honda Magic Seat into the configuration that best fits your gear and your friends.
Test Drive a Honda
For added peace of mind, each of these new Honda models comes with a 36-month/36,000-mile basic warranty and a 60-month/60,000-mile powertrain warranty. Bring your student down to a Montana Honda Dealer near you and pick out the best back-to-school car for your Montana student.
*For more information, visit Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com. Kelley Blue Book is a registered trademark of Kelley Blue Book Co., Inc.
**MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $900.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set their own prices.
***Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-pack age/condition, and other factors.
****MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $835.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set their own prices.
*****Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-pack age/condition, and other factors.