American Made Cars
Come September 2019, Honda will have been making products in America for 40 years, and they’ve come a long way since then. In fact, Honda has just landed 4 spots on the Cars.com 2019 American-Made Index, plus two from the Acura luxury branch.
Honda’s top 10 models included:
- Honda Odyssey
- Honda Ridgeline
- Honda Passport
- Honda Pilot
Where Are Hondas Made?
Honda offers one of the auto industry’s most diverse model lineups, and nearly two-thirds of the Honda and 99% of the Acura vehicles sold in the U.S. are also made in the U.S at plants in Alabama, Indiana, and Ohio – that’s the second highest percentage of all automakers.
Each Honda and Acura model included in the Cars.com 2019 American-Made Index Top 10 was designed and developed in Ohio and California, and the Odyssey, Ridgeline, Pilot, and Passport are all made exclusively by Honda Manufacturing of Alabama in Lincoln, Alabama.
The Cars.com American-Made Index
Regardless of where the manufacturer’s brand is headquartered, Cars.com’s American-Made Index helps show which new cars and trucks contribute most to the U.S. economy by analyzing factors such as:
- Assembly Location
- Domestic-Parts Content
- U.S. Factory Employment Adjusted by Sales
- Engine and Transmission Origin
Their 2019 top 10 listed included:
- Honda Odyssey: Offers space for eight alongside premium features like a CabinTalk™ In-Car PA System, CabinWatch® Rear Seat Monitor, and HondaVAC Built-In Vacuum Cleaner.
- Honda Ridgeline: Uses a 3.5L V6 engine for up to 5,000 lbs. of towing and provides a game-changing bed with Dual-Action Tailgate, In-Bed Trunk, and truck bed audio system.
- Honda Passport: This all-new SUV combines the interior space of a 3-row with the capability of a 2-row.
- Honda Pilot: Honda’s inimitable 3-row SUV is a family vehicle that can cover off-road trails, tow heavy, and provide first-class features like an Advanced Rear Entertainment System with 10.2-inch screen.
Honda Leads the Way When It Comes to American-Made Cars
You’ll find Honda models ranging from efficiency-focused hybrids to impressively capable AWD vehicles by visiting your nearest Montana Honda dealership, and most will have been designed and manufactured right here in the U.S. To find out more or explore current special offers, don’t hesitate to contact us today.