The 2018 Honda Fit Trim Levels Come Well Equipped
Performance and Fuel Economy
Under the hood of the Honda Fit is an energetic engine that Kelley Blue Book ranks as “class-leading versatility.” It will produce up to 130 hp and 114 lb-ft of torque, paired with a 6-speed manual transmission as the standard choice or an optional CVT for drivers who prefer it. But no matter which transmission you go with, you’ll end up with one of the best fuel economies of any vehicle on the road.
- 6MT models – EPA-estimated 29 city / 36 highway / 31 combined mpg*
- CVT models – EPA-estimated 33 city / 40 highway / 36 combined mpg*
LX Comfort and Convenience Features
Priced at $16,190 MSRP for 6MT models,** the entry-level Fit is loaded with features and equipment that drivers would be hard-pressed to find on comparably priced entry models. And with a supremely comfortable cabin, life inside the Fit goes so much more smoothly. You can expect to find:
- Air Conditioning with Air Filtration System
- Cruise Control
- Beverage Holders
- 12-Volt Power Outlets
- Rear Window Defroster
- Illuminated Steering Wheel–Mounted Controls
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob
- 60/40-Split Second-Row Magic Seat
LX Entertainment and Technology
The LX also comes fully equipped with technology that keeps everyone inside entertained and happy and allows drivers to stay connected while keeping both hands on the wheel and both eyes on the road. The technology inside the LX includes:
- 160-Watt Audio System with Four Speakers
- 5-Inch Color LCD Screen
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink and Streaming Audio
- Speed-Sensitive Volume Control
Safety and Driver-Assist Technology
Starting with the LX CVT model, a host of driver-assistance technology including the Honda Sensing package becomes available to help drivers drive better and more safely.
- Lane Departure Warning / Lane Keeping Assist System – The lane departure warning can warn the driver if the Fit is deviating from the center of the lane without engaging a signal. If the driver does not respond to the warning, the lane keeping assist system can nudge the steering to keep the Fit in its designated lane of travel.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Drivers select the desired speed and distance interval with the vehicle ahead and this system balances between the two settings to keep the Fit cruising naturally within the flow of traffic.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera – With normal, wide, and top-down viewing angles, this rearview camera makes backing in and out of tight spots much easier.
- Forward Collision Warning – This system warns the driver when an oncoming vehicle or other object is dangerously approaching the Fit head on.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – If the Forward Collision Warning goes unheeded, this system can engage the brakes in order to avoid any impact.
- Road Departure Mitigation System – If the Fit rolls over lane lines and road markings, this system can employ the brakes and the steering in order to keep the Fit from going off the road.
For drivers who like everything that the LX includes but who want a bit more technology, upgraded features, and a more driver-centric approach to design, the Sport model is the one to consider. It is priced at $17,500 MSRP for 6MT models** and has some exclusive features not found on any of the other models; these include performance boosters like a chrome exhaust finisher and a front and side underbody spoiler. Other features that you’ll find inside this trim build upon the equipment from the LX and include:
- Fog Lights
- 180-Watt Audio System with Six Speakers
- 7-Inch Display Audio Touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Pandora Compatibility
- SMS Text Message Function
The EX is priced at $18,160 MSRP for 6MT models** and adds touches of luxury and even more technology to the Fit. For drivers who want a more robust list of equipment but don’t necessarily want the performance enhancers of the Sport, the EX offers more refinement and sophistication. It includes all the features on the LX as well as the upgrades found on the Sport, and adds:
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Smart Entry
- Push-Button Start
- Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- Sliding Sunvisors
- Honda LaneWatch
For drivers who want the most technology, luxury, and comfort features in their Fit, the top-of-the-line EX-L model is the way to go. It includes an available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with turn-by-turn directions, voice recognition, and real-time traffic alerts, and a CVT comes standard. The EX-L is priced at $20,520 MSRP** and adds features to the equipment list found on the previous models, including:
- Heated Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors with Integrated Turn Indicators
- Leather-Trimmed Seats
- Heated Front Seats
- Available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System
*Based on 2018 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.
**MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $890.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set own prices.