The Technology Features Inside the 2018 Honda HR-V
Standard Comfort and Convenience Features
Starting from the entry-level LX trim, the HR-V is decked out in comfort and convenient tech features that make any journey more pleasurable. And with touches of sophistication, some drivers might be surprised to see what’s included on the list of such an affordable model. With a look inside
, drivers can expect to find:
- Cruise Control – Set your desired speed on the highway and the cruise control takes over without any extra input from the driver.
- 12-Volt Power Outlet (Front and Second Row) – Power up and charge your devices with the convenience of power outlets in the front and second rows.
- Rear Window Defroster – Make sure you can see clearly out of the rear window with this defroster that gives you an unobstructed view.
- Illuminated Steering Wheel–Mounted Controls – Control the audio, temperature, and more with controls right at your fingertips so you never have to take your hands off the wheel.
Standard Entertainment and Connectivity
The LX model also comes standard with desirable entertainment and connectivity technology so everyone inside will stay entertained, have access to their favorite content, and keep connected while on the road, no matter how long the journey might be.
- 160-Watt Audio System with Four Speakers – Crank up the tunes and listen to your favorite artists or radio stations with crystal-clear sound.
- 5-Inch Color LCD Screen – Designed so drivers can intuitively navigate through controls and settings, the LCD screen inside puts everything you need within easy reach.
- Auxiliary Input Jack – Get access to your favorite content including music and podcasts.
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink and Streaming Audio – Stream audio and sync up your devices via Bluetooth without having to take your hands off the wheel.
- Speed-Sensitive Volume Control – When the HR-V slows down, as in a merging situation, the audio volume will automatically soften to eliminate distractions.
Technology Meets Safety
Every model of the HR-V also comes with state-of-the-art technology that is geared to help drivers drive better and safer on the road. Some of the safety tech features include:
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera – Back in and out of tight spaces with ease and with guidelines to help steer you in the right direction.
- Daytime Running Lights – Illuminate the way ahead while also ensuring that the HR-V is clearly visible to other drivers on the road, no matter the time or day or weather conditions.
- Anti-Lock Braking System – This technology ensures that the wheels of the HR-V maintain traction while the driver is braking to avoid skidding or slipping on various road surfaces and to prevent the wheels from locking up.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control – When turning or taking curves, this technology stabilizes the HR-V and maintains traction with the road below.
The EX Model
For drivers who want even more technology than the entry-level offerings but don’t necessarily want the top of the line, the EX model is a great mid-level trim that, according to Car and Driver, “represents the best value.” It comes with upgraded equipment to some of the LX technology and adds even more convenience, comfort, and connectivity features. You can expect the EX to come equipped with:
- Automatic Climate Control with Electronic Touchscreen
- Honda LaneWatch
- Push-Button Start
- 180-Watt Audio System with Six Speakers
- 7-Inch Display Audio Touchscreen with Customizable Features Settings
- Pandora Compatibility
- SMS Text Message Function
The EX-L Navi
At the top of the lineup is the HR-V EX-L Navi model; it’s the choice for the tech-savvy among us and drivers who want the aid of a navigation system to help them reach their destination. The EX-L Navi is sophisticated, offering the most technology to bolster comfort, convenience, and entertainment. It includes everything from the EX model and adds more features including:
- Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition
- SiriusXM Radio